Friday 3 September 2010

Waje - For a minute [REVIEW]

For the first time in my 10 reviews, I have been rendered 'critiqueless' by the result of a Nigerian music video and have found a true reason to complete a review without negligible feelings of paranoia. What I cant find however, are the right words to describe the -flawlessness- of this project.

It starts off with a 60 second intermission leaving eager viewers in suspense. At this point, I went from an irritated to impressed state as it came to my realisation that the wait was synonymous with the title.

Waje was responsible for the potent vocals behind P-square's "Do Me" so it is no surprise that she was once again able to convey the songs message using her resonating super powers to decorate ones flesh with goosebumps.

"For a minute" can compete on an international scale as the quality, production, vocal range, video storyline and editing are all on point. I see Waje winning a Grammy or VMA 'best African act' for this piece and I am proud to be Nigerian in advance.

Look out people!! Waje and Banky W are co-conspirators and together they intend to revive R'n'B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IczCu1ZRTo
Watch video here ^

No comments:

Post a Comment